Thursday, December 6, 2007

I'm so glad when Daddy comes home!

Chris was gone for almost a week and we were so very sad. The night before he came back Chickie was boo-hooing on her bed looking at a picture of him. Is it mean that I went in and took a picture? I just thought it was sweet. I went in to give her a hug and started to giggle...couldn't help it. But then she started to laugh, too. At least momentarily. Chris was in Ohio with some students performing in a show. He had a great time. And it's nice to have him dancing again. Plus, he came home bearing gifts. Bentley loves that hat!






Besides from that, this week I have been planing my Christmas projects. I'm not totally overwhelming myself... But still, it does require more concentrated effort as far as scheduling goes. And I can't believe it's already the 6th!
One of my musts is gingerbread houses. I have had fiasco's in the past...yet somehow I persist. I don't know why. Maybe it's one of those childhood things. I remember making a big deal to learn how to make one. That's this weeks project, made much more fun with the company of friends.

We also have our tree...yet to be decorated. And the new book tradition is really fun. It really prolongs the season. We are all happy today wafting in our gingerbread/Christmas tree smells.

I also have some new artistic goals for the first time since I graduated. It's very exciting to have a clear goal in mind and to be drawing again. Nothing I'm ready to fully disclose yet, until I get a lot more sketching time in. But hopefully it will merit some fun pictures in the future.

I also finally finished the apron I began the Christmas before I was pregnant with Bentley...that would be two years ago...SAD. The worst part is that it's not a great pattern. It's a little silly. It's one of those 1950's patterns so it's a little on the tight side also. So no cookie making in PJ's in that apron. I'll have to be wearing a pretty skirt and pearls. Oh, well. It's probably for the best. It's better than an apron splattered with paint.

As far as Chickie goes, at the beginning of the week, her artistic goals were overtaking mine. She is so serious about her art. A very creative soul. When we were moving and unpacking there were a few days when all the art supplies were packed up. She, however would not take no for an answer and decided to make "nests" for her chick collection out of plastic bowls and newspaper. Art supplies are always abundant to such a creative mind.


I hope every one is having fun with Holiday preparations. Today I'm thankful for Bentley's little hands clenched to some found soft baby pine cones during our hunt for a tree. Sweet baby hands.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Hi Andrea! Where did you guys move to? We miss seeing and playing with you guys. Your blog is cute, and all your projects always amaze me! :)Stacey

mindy said...

So little Chickie wears her emotions on her sleeve just like her mama, huh? I'll still never forget you going absolutely hysterically sad over "Man in the Moon" and "Romeo & Juliet" our freshman year. ;o)