Since many of my readers (ok, most) are my beloved non-blogging family members, I get a lot of (well, a few) comments just directed to me via phone or email. What between this and all of our family reunion blogs I thought I would post a friendly little HOW TO.
If you would like to post a comment on blogger this is the process.
1. Move your mouse to the little tiny word "comments" at the bottom of the post and click on it.
A little box should pop up.
2. If other people have already left comments you will have to scroll down past those until you see a box under the caption "Leave your comment." Type your comment in the box.
3. Then you will see some oddly fonted and colored letters. Under these letters there is "word verification" and a box. Try to type those letters in the box as best you can. Sometimes they are a little tricky to make out. The purpose of this as I understand it is to prevent spammers from leaving mass amounts of comments on blogs.
4. Here is where the confusion enters. Next you will see the "Choose an identity" section. Since this post is directed towards non bloggers I will address the last two options. You can either click your mouse on the circle before "Name/URL" or "Anonymous." If you choose "Name/URL" it gives you a box to type in your name. You can leave URL blank or you can type in your website if you have one and feel like sharing. If you choose "Anonymous" it does not give you any box to type your name so I would recommend that you type it in the body of your message, but only if you want to.
5. Then click on the "Publish Your Comment" button.
At this point your comment may post semi-immediately or it may be sent to the host of the blog for approval, depending on the blog writer's settings.
A blogger may delete your comment if you say something they don't like. However, if you leave shameless flattering comments no one will ever delete them!
Please feel free leave me a comment. No flattering ones will dare to be deleted. And if I get no comments I will assume my mission has failed. But I will not give up. Come on Mom. Give it one more try.