Wednesday, March 5, 2008

How to leave a comment on blogger


Since many of my readers (ok, most) are my beloved non-blogging family members, I get a lot of (well, a few) comments just directed to me via phone or email.  What between this and all of our family reunion blogs I thought I would post a friendly little HOW TO.

If you would like to post a comment on blogger this is the process. 

1. Move your mouse to the little tiny word "comments" at the bottom of the post and click on it.
A little box should pop up.

2. If other people have already left comments you will have to scroll down past those until you see a box under the caption "Leave your comment." Type your comment in the box.

3.  Then you will see some oddly fonted and colored letters.  Under these letters there is "word verification" and a box.  Try to type those letters in the box as best you can.  Sometimes they are a little tricky to make out.  The purpose of this as I understand it is to prevent spammers from leaving mass amounts of comments on blogs.

4.  Here is where the confusion enters.  Next you will see the "Choose an identity" section. Since this post is directed towards non bloggers I will address the last two options.  You can either click your mouse on the circle before "Name/URL" or "Anonymous."  If you choose "Name/URL" it gives you a box to type in your name. You can leave URL blank or you can type in your website if you have one and feel like sharing. If you choose "Anonymous" it does not give you any box to type your name so I would recommend that you type it in the body of your message, but only if you want to.

5.  Then click on the "Publish Your Comment" button.

At this point your comment may post semi-immediately or it may be sent to the host of the blog for approval, depending on the blog writer's settings. 
A blogger may delete your comment if you say something they don't like. However, if you leave shameless flattering comments no one will ever delete them!

Please feel free leave me a comment. No flattering ones will dare to be deleted.  And if I get no comments I will assume my mission has failed. But I will not give up.  Come on Mom. Give it one more try. 



11 comments:

Katie said...

Andrea,
Blogging is addictive. I don't know why but I think it's a family trait to like to hear ourselves talk...and I mean that in the best way possible. I'm glad that you like looking at my blog! Oh by the way, I am so proud of you! You are an amazing dancer and you looked beautiful! Very modest too! Congrats!
P.S. Rose ended up keeping the turtle. She is in for a real treat! :)

The Hinckley's said...

Hey I love this blog tutorial. I already know how to leave comments...obviously, but I would like to learn more cool things. You'll have to show me some tricks when I come out next week!

Anonymous said...

Drea, who is it in that picture? That is the cutest, and I think I could guess but don't want to be wrong. How are things coming along with the newly purchased project? I can't wait to see before/after!

andrea said...

That's my mom! Isn't she cute.

Anonymous said...

I am leaving my first comment ever, if it works. Thanks! Mom

Stephanie said...

wow...that's a great how to. I got an email from Aunt Gloria asking how to comment on my blog. Unfortunately I don't allow people without a google account to comment, so I guess I'll have to remedy that eventually. Anyways, that picture really is cute and I had no idea it was your mom!

Johnson said...

Andrea...I would love to come and see you two dance!! Send me a schedule so we will be able to come!!!

danandjenjohnson@charter.net

Jennifer

helen said...

Hi there

My name is Helen Hughes and I am a member of the
Sunderland Ward in the Sunderland Stake in England. I am helping my
mother in law gather information about the Saints in the Sunderland
area from teh beginning of missionary work here. I got quite excited
when I saw your blog from a google search. It said that you thought
your ancestor was Richard Bentley and this is the line I am currentky
searching because there is a wealth of info with him and his brother in
laws family. You also said about him not being a member and then
meeting a girl (Elizabeth Price) and that made me smile cos we have an
account of that.

Is there any way you can help us in our
attmepts to gather more info about these wonderful families who helped
shape the church here in our area? I am not actually from Sunderland,
but married a member of the Ward and have lived here for 8 years now.
My motehr in law has been researching for years and the internet has
just opened so many doors for us. I haven't told her about this email
as I would love to surprise her with some info and any images if you
had any.

I know as a mother you must be busy (I have 4 little
ones running around behind me right now!) so please do this in your
own time.


thanks so much

Helen

helen said...

my email address is hhughes79@hotmail.com

I tried to email you, but the address wasn't recognised

Helen

Unknown said...

I thought this was actually pretty funny. A lot of people don't know how to comment on blogs, but if you just simply looked around on the page a little you would find where to comment. Especially on blogs it's really easy to find to post. Thanks for this though I'm sure you helped a lot of people out! http://www.azvalleygeeks.com

Unknown said...

It's interesting the differences between generations. The older generation has a harder time figuring things out on the internet but the newer generation grows up just knowing how to work it! My 3 year old niece knows how to get on skype all by herself!
Shelly Slader | http://skydivetaft.com/learn/