Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day to me!

Look how exhausted I looked!  Being a first time mom sure was a shock to the system!  Now I have these two gorgeous kids and I'm able to be a mom and have some artistic fun on the side.  I never would have believed that was possible 6 years ago.    
Chris took this sweet picture.  He's got a great eye.  I need to teach him to use my camera and then maybe there will be a few more pictures of me around.  I don't have many of my mom from when we were little.  
I have had the best day!  The kids brought me the greatest cards and coupons.  I redeemed the one for breakfast.  Olivia brought me a tray with the potted flower she made for me at school, an empty glass, a bowl with a little cereal and a whole lotta milk.  It was spilled all over the place.  Best breakfast I've ever had!  She had to go back for a spoon, napkin, and drink.  Meanwhile I redeemed my coupon for a foot rub from Bentley.  It was a little painful.  He scratched at my toes, tried to pull them off, and tried twisting my legs!  I was laughing so hard.  Chris was nice enough to finish it off.  They totally pampered me today and I feel very loved and appreciated.  
I'm so grateful for the moms in my life.  I get to see my mom later this week!  I'm so excited.  And I will get to see my grammy in June!  

3 comments:

One Happy Family said...

LOL. That's so cute that they pampered you in their own way. I don't think being a massage therapist is in the cards for Bentley, but I'm sure the effort was more appreciated. What a cutie!

Beth said...

I need to tell you that I almost peed my pants when I pulled up your blog. I thought "DREA HAD ANOTHER BABY?!?! I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW SHE WAS PREGNANT!!" You are so tricky, and it makes me crazy how beautiful you look in that picture after giving birth! I am so happy you had a good Mother's Day! Miss you!

andrea said...

HA HA HA HA!!!! Oh, Beth. That made me laugh! Sorry!