Wednesday, November 28, 2007

New Kid On The Block


There's nothing like hanging pictures in a new space to make you feel really at home.
I wish everyone felt that way. Tonight we were dancing in Chickie's room. We settled for Princess music since our New Kids on the Block CD was in the car. Don't laugh too fast, my awesome little sis sent me the CD and a NKOTB T-shirt as a nod to the good ol' days. It definitely gave some good laughs and provided major jamming sessions with the kids! I have the best siblings (& in laws).
So we're dancing and poor Chickie got all banged up running into her bed and the closet, etc.
After she was in bed I went in her room to tell her I love her (I don't normally go back in once she's tucked in) and she started to cry. She missed her old room. She misses it's pinkness and how big it was. I felt so bad for her. It's so exactly the opposite of how I feel. I love our little new house. It's so cozy and easy to keep track of everyone and everything. It seems so much more comfortable. Chris and Bentley are both now sleeping much better. I don't know. Sometimes Chickie cries about weird things when she's really tired. Like once she cried over a balloon she didn't get. So hopefully she'll survive. I don't really know if there is anything I can do. Other than paint her room pink. It certainly isn't going to get any bigger.
ah, well. Today I'm thankful that things are settling down....at least for me.

3 comments:

mindy said...

Can't wait to see more pictures of your new place. You always do such a fabulous job decorating! I hope Chickie adjusts soon. Hugs to all of you!

Anonymous said...

I agree with you, I think smaller spaces are much more cozy. You have done a great job with your pictures above the mantle. Hope to see more pictures.

Anonymous said...

Chickie and I are a lot alike. I do that myself...cry about random things when I'm just really tired. Maybe if you got something special for her for her room she would warm up to it faster. Love you Drea!

Katie