Saturday, November 15, 2008

I survived boot camp!

I just got back from Lindsay Jane Boot Camp which was SO much fun!  We were in gorgeous Utah!  Utah really is my happy place. I can't help it!  The air feels so great and the mountains and scenery are so gorgeous!  Staci was teasing me for liking sagebrush.  Staci is the blonde in the picture above.  We had a photoshoot everyday Mon-Thursday.  Lindsay taught us all her tricks.  She's making some kids laugh!It was so cold Lindsay was using her nose to control her phone!
Todd, Lindsay's husband, made us all laugh with his laser.  He always had it handy!  He does all the business stuff, and had a lot to teach us too.  They are such a sweet couple and really fun to be around.  We even watched their babies 3-D video while we were editing on the last night.  They are going to be the cutest parents! 
The photographers there were Staci, Natalie, Evaly and me.  This is Nat.  She has the cutest engagement story of all time.  Seriously, it should be a movie. 
We will all have our LJ blogs and websites up pretty soon.  I will let you all know when they are up!  Except for Evaly, who is already a seasoned pro.  As you can see she will go to any lengths to get a great shot!  The last day we were there the weather was HORRIBLE.  We're talking freezing cold rain and gushing wind!  Anyway, Evaly had no idea her wind had ruined her umbrella until she noticed us laughing and clicking away!  I LOVE this picture. It makes me giggle every time.  I'm not gonna lie, it was hard to leave my family again so soon.  But I didn't have an ounce of regret not once while I was there.  I like to work hard and be busy.  And we were for sure!  I learned so much!  And being on a photo shoot is one of the most fun things I have ever done. I love it!  Also, I learned so much about photoshop.  If I start looking incredibly gorgeous in my pics from here on out you will all know why!!!  None of these have been photoshopped, though, they really are that gorgeous!  And even more important really good people.  We are all moms and we had a lot in common.  I SO needed girl time!  So that was fun, too.  

And none of it would have been possible without help from my parents (and Chris and Christina).  My mom sent my dad my way (again) he helped watch the kids while I was in Houston, too!  Thanks Popo you are the best!  Popo is his grandpa name, my crazy little sisters made it up.  Perfectly silly, and fitting for him.  Luckily he can bring his work with him.  Hopefully he was able to get some done!

I also got a quick visit with my Aunt Darcy and Grammy in the airport before I left.  Which was great.  And I finished Persuasion on the plane ride.   Love that book!  

I'm thankful to be home, for family, and for this awesome experience.

And for sagebrush in all it's glory!


5 comments:

Lindsay said...

I'm so glad you had fun! I had a blast with all you girls and you all did such a great job! You've got to post your WINNING picture on your blog! (by the way, we will be mailing your prize to you since it didn't come in time) You are awesome!

Evaly said...

Hi Andrea! Your kids are sooo cute! I'm glad you made it home :)

Staci said...

Thanks for posting all the great fun we had since I can't...(don't have photoshop yet to download pictures...bummer. Anyway, you are a doll. Thanks for making bootcamp so much fun. still not sure about the sagebrush but I'm glad YOU love it.

Amber said...

I'm so glad you are having all of these awesome experiances! I love that you are getting to live some of your dreams. Didn't you just adore Persuasion! Anne is one of my favorite Austen characters... I talked to her out loud when I read it because I related to her so much.(how crazy did I just admit to being?) Miss you!

cally said...

You're awesome. My favorite pic is the one I saw this morning on Lindsay's blog with you straddling the dumpster. Your talent and limber-ness is astounding.

Can you please move back?