Monday, April 6, 2009

Rosita

My little sister, Rose is going on a mission to Winnipeg Cananda!  Is that not the coolest thing ever?!  I'm so happy and excited for her.  And all weekend while we were watching General Conference, I was just so happy and proud every time they mentioned missionary work.  Until...today when I realized that I will have to fend for myself when it comes to finding good music for the next year and a half.  Starting in July.  Oh no. What is to become of me?  Family gatherings will not be the same.  Rose is stinking hilarious.  Chris is always sad when she's not there.  He says, "I don't know what it is, it's just not the same."  But I know, it's Rose.  I'm so excited to get letters from her and send her stuff.  I'm so excited for her and so very proud of her!  
I'm so thankful for my little sister Rose!

7 comments:

cally said...

Okay, seriously. I love this. Although I have never been to Winnipeg, Canada is Canada eh? (Except the French part. They're on their own. They prefer it that way.)

So...here's some lingo...things for her to look out for and you to learn so you can speak the language.

Chesterfield...couch.

Toque (pronounced toook)...tobogan, or ski hat.

Rogers Syrup...the best. Not maple, not corn, but Rogers.

Old Dutch potato chips...all dressed.

Garberator...garbage disposal.

She must and will learn to love gravy and or vinegar on her french fries. No buts about it.

Smarties and Macintosh Toffee.

It's zed. Not Z.

And cheque. Not check.

And sorey. Not sorry.

And last but not least, you have got to say eh, not like an old person, but with just the right inflection. It's like the first part of saying the letter A without the "eee" sound on the end. Watch some old re-runs of Kids in the Hall. Or You Can't Do That on Television. Or Degrassi Junior High.

You're good to go.

Love her shoes.

mindy said...

yay for Rose!! My oldest nephew just got back from his mission, and I have one going into the MTC this month, and another who will go in this summer sometime. Yay for awesome missionaries!

Rose said...

drea!! you are THE sweetest. I love you!!

Katie said...

I know! I'm so happy for Rose!

Amber said...

Yea Rose! Mmmmm, vinegar fries!!!!

Katie said...

Ha ha, I wish I looked like Dolly. Her hair has such volume and she has the longest eyelashes you have ever seen. I'm so jealous. Good thing I didn't get a bulldog. I would be fat and wrinkly in no time.

Katie said...

P.S. I thought Verlie was beautiful...once you got past the snorting. :) JK