Sunday, August 24, 2008

Heather, Heather, Heather

Chickie went to a birthday party yesterday.  She had the best time ever!
Our buddy Addison turned 7!  I seriously can't believe he is that old.  I have been friends with his mom since before either of us were married.  And when Chickie was born we started switching out babysitting.  For a couple of years Addison and I had a standing Fri night date night since Chris worked Friday nights. We usually watched Toy Story, from what I remember.   
Here is Addison's mom Heather.  Let me introduce you if you haven't met.  Heather's favorite sandwich is a turkey sub, and her favorite place to get one is at Lenny's Sub Shop.
The best word I can use to describe her is cool.  She just is. She's laid back and daring at the same time.  Is that possible?  We were out with the kids one day and we saw this vine hanging down.  She was the first one to test it out!  Turns out it was strong enough for all of us to take a swing, just not all at once.  
So let me finish telling you about the party (even though I wasn't actually there)...
I think the grown ups may have had a more fun than the kids.  Chris caught Ryan cheating when he was racing Sophia.  There's no denying it now Ryan, what do you have to say for yourself!?
Heather took her races just as seriously.  Nothing got in her way, not even breaking her foot!
Yeah, that's right.  Does this look like the face of someone in serious pain?  

I had to stay home with sick Bentley, so I called her later to find out all of the details.  She was laughing hysterically when she told me that it was fractured and she has to wear a temporary cast that goes up to her knee.  First thing monday morning she has to make an appointment to get a real cast.  

That's why I love you Heather!  Actually that's not even half of it.  Hope you can work out the whole pushing the gas pedals with the crutches thing!  I'll take you to the mall parking lot if you need to practice first.

I'm grateful for my friend Heather.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I love you Andrea! This blog makes me smile every day (except thursday when it made me cry...I am so glad stud bud is okay!!) I am grateful for you too, more than you know! -H