Monday, August 25, 2008

her first couture creation

Actually, that's not entirely true.  I remember specifically the paper dress Olivia made for her seahorse.  Yes, now that I think of it she has made several couture creations from paper.  If that falls under the couture category.
And she has stitched a few things before.  One or two stitches at a time.
But this was her first Barbie dress. That is momentous, is it not?  I remember sewing a lot of barbie clothes when I was little.  And I couldn't figure out how to make pants so I would just make two legs with a long top!  I know, right?
Chris and I were discussing how Chickie is my mini-me.  She is super creative/artsy/craftsy, she is waaay too sensitive for her own good, a little on the messy side.  And just to clarify (because let's face it it's a sensitive issue at our house)  my house is very organized and clean.  BUT I like to make a mess, it's fun.  Actually, she is a lot different than me, too.  She is obsessed with stuffed animals, and she is an avid dress wearer.  She asked me once why I don't wear dresses more often.  We went on to have a funny conversation about me wearing fancy ball gowns.  Coincidentally, that night I was prancing around the house in a ballroom dress and she woke up.  I went to check on her and she flipped out.  She must have been thinking, "It feels like I'm awake, but I have to be dreaming if mom is so sparkly."  

Today I'm thankful for a really fun time at jazz class, my new teacher is super fun!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Chickie really is so creative. I need to talk to you so you can tell me how she is liking school and how all of you are adjusting.